Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Corinne Bailey Rae lets her hair down


I first heard Corinne Bailey Rae on Louisville's awesome independent radio station WFPK last year in advance of her her album release. From the moment I heard "Put Your Records On," I knew she was destined for stardom. (Seriously, ask Gil. I made him sit in the van until the song ended because I was so blown away.)

Well,now that the rest of the world has discovered the same genius I heard a year ago in Kentucky, Bailey Rae has a live DVD coming out April 3.

This is particularly good news since, if it's possible, I love Bailey Rae's music even more in its stripped-down, acoustic format - it places more emphasis on her astonishingly lovely voice.

To tide you over until April 3, watch this live performance (posted on YouTube) from Scotland's "T in the Park" festival.

No comments: