If you live in a place where the high is in the negative digits today, I'm right there with you. Since I'm seeing a lot complaining about cabin fever and boredom, I thought I'd share some "snow day" ideas gleaned from my years of expertise as a not-very-outdoorsy only child.
10 Ways to Beat Snow Day cabin feverDuoLingo right now.) Photo: Tama Leaver
2. Call an old friend you haven't talked to in a long time. Yes, on the telephone. (Or Facetime.) No, texting/emailing/tweeting doesn't count. Photo: Trace Meek
5. Clean out a closet/junk drawer/basement/attic/the refrigerator. You know how you always say, "I should really do that sometime when there's nothing else to do"? The time is now, friend. Photo: QueenieVonSugarpants
6. Start a book you've been meaning to read or watch a classic movie you've been hearing about all your life but have never seen. (Dr. Zhivago is good for this weather.) Photo: meddygarmet
8. Do you play a musical instrument? Learn a new song! Photo: Scott Ableman
9. Do you knit/crochet/embroider/quilt/etc? You're already set, and don't need this list. Photo: LornaWatt
Netflix and Amazon Prime both have plenty of exercise video options: yoga, pilates, aerobics, indoor walking... Do it to it. Photo: NatalieLucier