Monday, February 12, 2007

More Grammys


I have my issues with Sting, but you have to admit, the man sounds GREAT. If you missed the Police reunion on last night's Grammys, here's some video to check out.

It makes me proud to say, despite my love/hate relationship with the man, that Sting was my very first concert back in 1993.

Also, here is Christina Aguilera proving she deserves every accolade. The lady can blow.

And channeling Lady Day with white flowers in her hair, here is Beyonce singing a song from Dreamgirls. Not crazy about the arrangement, but again... the girl can sing.

But what the Grammys really reminded me of last night is how INSANELY talented Justin Timberlake is. I am not ashamed to admit that my friends and I went through a huge 'Nsync obsession when I was a senior in college (let me just repeat that - a SENIOR in college) and it was entirely because we could see the talent in JT even then. (For proof, watch this video.) And he has done an amazing job of developing that talent into something other-worldly. Need more proof? Check out this rehearsal of "What Goes Around" and then his duet with contest winner Robyn Troup.

It will come as no surprise to regular readers of this blog, but for me, the highlight of this year's Grammys was the amazing Corinne Bailey Rae/John Mayer/John Legend medley. As I said, an amazing time to be alive.

No comments: