Friday, February 09, 2007

It's nice when Rolling Stone agrees with me


Not that I agree with everything Rolling Stone says, but it's nice to see that they do occasionally back me up.

Like, for instance, my recent post where I defended my love of John Mayer by explaining that he's one of the greatest blues guitarists of the modern era? Well, for those of you who prefer to take your musical opinions from journalistic behemoths, check out the latest issue of Rolling Stone. Author David Fricke says, "Mayer is a pop star and a dynamic, accomplished guitarist with an electric-Chicago attack and melodic concision." Or, as I said two weeks ago, the real deal.

While you're there, make sure you watch the featurette interview/jam that's posted.

Update: While perusing the Grammy winners list, I just noticed that David Fricke, author of this article, was nominated for a Grammy for his liner notes for the Byrds' box set There Is a Season.

No comments: