Thursday, September 06, 2007

The right song at the right time

I know I'm supposed to have moral issues with the use of real music - particularly cutting-edge indie music or iconic, groundbreaking rock music - in advertising. Something about artistic integrity being mutually exclusive with the soul-lessness of trying to sell mass quantities of unnccessary products, if I understand it correctly. But I can't help it: if an ad is done well, it's like a beautiful little piece of art that makes you look at the world differently and appreciate a song in a whole new way as well.

That was the case when I saw my favorite commercial of all time, the (controversial) Nick Drake/Volkswagen commercial:



And it's also the case for this inspired and beautiful Sony commercial that features the song "Heartbeats" by Jose Gonzalez. I just love all those colorful bouncing balls and the song in the background:

No comments: