Monday, July 02, 2007

Not a 'Little Voice'


Well, I am sad to report that I missed Colbie Caillat at Summerfest last weekend. Maybe next year.

But that's okay, because I've got a new obsession this week: Sara Bareilles. Her album Little Voice releases tomorrow but you can currently stream the whole thing at AOL Music.

The songs are impossibly catchy, full of great rhythmic hooks and her voice has a soulful fragility that is drawing comparisons to Fiona Apple.

To get an idea of her voice, check out this cover of the Beatles' "A Little Help From My Friends":



And to get a feel for the rhythmic hookiness of her music, here she is performing my favorite song from the album, "Many the Miles":

1 comment:

duanemoody.com said...

You are so right; definitely not a "little" voice!! I have loved Sara for years, and I am terribly excited that her CD is finally here!

Definitely the best CD of the year!!