Monday, June 04, 2007
I haven't caught it yet, but I see that Vh1 is running "The 40 Greatest Softsational Soft-Rock Songs." Whitney over at Pop Candy has posted the full list.
I have to admit a deep and abiding love of some of these songs. (Hall and Oates' Abandoned Luncheonette is a desert-island disc for me.) I was reminded of this deep and abiding love after watching Anchorman a few months ago - that soundtrack is full of great 70s lite rock.
Inspired by all the soft rock love, I made my own playlist of favorites, which is now posted at right under the "LTF Playlist." It features several of the songs on Vh1's list as well as a few I feel they egregiously overlooked, including:
* "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" by Leo Sayer
* "She's Gone" by Hall & Oates
* "Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest
* "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass
* "On and On" by Stephen Bishop
* "Hello It's Me" by Todd Rundgren
* "Shining Star" by the Manhattans
Check it out and enjoy the soft-rock groove.