Monday, November 12, 2007

Wilco on ACL


Nodding off to sleep last night, I discovered that Austin City Limits is showing an hour with Wilco this week - it was well worth the lack-of-sleep hangover today just to stay up and watch it. I love Wilco's albums, but I really believe they are the best live band out there right now. Nothing trumps a live Wilco performance.

Visit PBS.org to find your local viewing schedule or go to the web site to watch selected video and and interview with frontman Jeff Tweedy. The ep features a lot of songs from their new album, Sky Blue Sky, which is excellently complicated and mellow at the same time. (Spin Magazine says it's "a near-perfect album by a band that seems, finally, to have found their identity.” I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it's good.)

How can you resist that lovely 3-part harmony on "You Are My Face"?

No comments: